Four week before surgery
- Perform the Scalp Stretching Exercise Maintain an adequate length of hair (about one inch) on the back of your head. Your donor grafts will be removed from here and you should expect coverage following your procedure.
- Please inform the doctor regarding drug allergy.
Two weeks before surgery
- No Rogaine or Minoxidil.
One week before surgery
- No Plavix, Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid – A.S.A.) or anti-inflammatory medications that contain Aspirin.
- No Vitamin E, Fish oil.
- No Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng or other herbal supplements.
- Continue your regular medicines unless the doctor told you to stop taking them.
- If you have high blood pressure and taking medication please inform your doctor not to use Beta blocker for one week prior to surgery and switch to other drug.
- Please notify the doctor in case of fever or sickness or other surgery you will have prior to surgery.
One day before surgery
- No Alcohol and stop smoking
- Make arrangements for someone to take you to and from the clinic because you have to take oral sedation in addition to local anesthetics.
- Confirm your appointment
- Consultation or pick up antiseptic shampoo and pre op antibiotics at the clinic
- Clear the payment
- If you color your hair on the regular basis, please do so a few days prior to surgery because you should not color your hair post operative at least 1 month
On surgery day
- Wash your hair in the morning using given antiseptic shampoo at least 5 minutes (antiseptic hand wash can be substituted for Betadine scrub and Hibitane scrub)
- Wear a button-down shirt and comfortable pants. You should also bring an adjustable baseball cap or scarf along with you.
- Do not wear anything that will have to be pulled tightly over your head and for a few days after surgery.
- No tight hats or caps.
- You may have light breakfast, but do not drink tea and coffee
- Take antibiotic 2 capsules after meal as doctor prescribed one hour before coming to clinic. If you are not prescribed, you may take it at the clinic.
- Please report to the clinic on time.
- Do not drive to the clinic on the day of surgery.
- Do not bring valuable things with you to the clinic
- You’re required to have the blood test for anti HIV (rapid test from finger tip at the clinic)
Due to our policy, we apology for our cancellation, We have to cancel all case of contagious patients.
Scalp Stretching Exercises
It is extremely important to stretch, and loosen, your scalp as much as possible prior to hair transplant. In order to accomplish “scalp stretching,” you should perform the following maneuver.
- Grasp your lower scalp by the hair near the lower hairline, and pull upward as firmly as possible, with the heel of your palm.
- Hold it as tightly upward as you can (maximum elevation) for 10 seconds, then relax for 10 seconds. Repeat over and over.
- Divide your efforts between the lateral (side) and posterior (back) aspects of your scalp for a minimum of 30 minutes per day for at least 30 days prior to your surgery.
Properly performed, your results will be both pleasing and surprising! Your scalp should loosen considerably during this 30-day period.